Mental Health First Aid
in the Workplace
QA Level 3 Award in Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace Training
Mental health is just as important as physical health, yet whilst we know how to take care of our own physical health, many people don’t know how to support friends, relatives or even colleagues who are experiencing poor mental health. This mental health first aid course will help you develop a greater understanding of common mental health conditions, as well as how best to support and guide someone to professional help.
Certificate valid for 3 years
The mental health first aid course covers:
- Understanding mental health and its importance
- The roles and responsibilities for mental health in the workplace
- Importance of own well-being as a mental health first aider
- Common mental health conditions, including:
- Characteristics and features, Work-related stress, Anxiety, Eating disorders, Depression, Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), Phobias, Bipolar, Self-harm, Psychosis, Suicide.
- How employers can assist those off work or returning to work whilst experiencing poor mental health
- Types of support available both locally and nationally
Ideal candidates for Mental Health First Aid:
This course is a regulated and nationally recognised mental health first aid qualification that has been specifically designed for those who would like to raise their awareness of mental health, develop an understanding of how best to support, as well as reassure and signpost colleagues to professional support.
We can adapt all of our training courses to suit the operational requirements of your business and include both practical and theory sessions. We can deliver these courses, at short notice, to companies, organisations and groups of individuals and fit the course content to your existing work shift patterns. Our courses can be delivered in our offices in Tavistock, Devon or Lichfield, Staffordshire. We can also come and deliver these courses in your own workplace for your employees convenience.
We are also happy to teach these courses early morning, late evening or overnight modules as needed.
For the personal touch, please call to evaluate your full needs to provide the most cost-effective development. Call us now to discuss →